Monday, August 2, 2010

Keep It Simple?

Hello! I hope everyone had a great weekend. We had beautiful weather which lead to yard work and a day trip to Annapolis, Maryland. It's such a picturesque historic town!

This week at the Beary Scrap we're trying to keep it simple with our CAS (Clean and Simple) Sketch Challenge... Oh my, this was difficult for me! My "simplicity" was only one stamp layer (really!) and no embellishment beyond the sketch. Ok, so I admit I failed in the CAS department... but I did simplify *my* normal self... sort of. *sheesh* I think the design team is going to fire me - lol!


I've used Pink Paislee's Queen Bee papers. I really like the yellow/gray combination! The twill ribbon is also Queen Bee, called "Ribbon Pleats". The package has 2 - 12x12 ribbons, one in this yellow color and one in gray. I measured out the amount of pleat I needed and then pulled the stitching from the remaining ribbon. It too a little water spritz and iron to straighten it out, but I love the end result.

Card Recipe
Here's the BSC #7 Sketch - you have until the end of the day August 14th to enter and you could win a $20 gift voucher from The Beary Scrap! Go HERE for all the details. 


Thanks so much for stopping in today. The design team will have fun samples for you all week, so be sure to come back for inspiration. We look forward to your Clean and Simple projects!

Cheers,
Susan

2 comments:

Elise said...

ahhhh! Yes! This is soooo STUNNING! I love the contrast between the pink and the green! And even though this is CAS *ahem*, this looks deliciously DIVINE!! Oh how FABULOUS everything on here is .. from the beautifully made ribbon, to the sweet flowers, to the GORGEOUSLY colored and "popped" up Tilda!!! Whew! Love it!

Hugs,
Elise

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site thebearyscrapdesignteam.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

Related Posts with Thumbnails