Saturday, August 21, 2010

I hope you have been Sew Inspired!


Sew, have you enjoyed our stitching inspirations this week at the Beary Scrap DT Blog? I decided not only to stitch on my card, but to use a vintage sewing theme as well.

I am really not a good seamstress at all, but I do have great memories of my great-grandmother Memie trying to teach me to sew. She could walk in a store, sketch the dress that she saw and go home and sew it. She also kept bags and bags of lace that she would add to everything. So when I sewed the lace around the borders of this card, it made me smile thinking of her.

Last weekend, I went to CKC - Charlotte, and took two Tattered Angels classes - so this week, I have been spraying, painting and splashing Glimmer Mist on everything! I sprayed my lace with it. I painted some of the new Glimmer Glaze over my crystal brad to make it match my project. And I sprayed some Glimmer Mist over my border paper, after I stamped it. For my flower, I sprayed pages of an old phone book, and then wadded them up to dry - and then cut them using a Spellbinders die.

Papers: MME Laundry Line, Bazzill
Inks: Memento, Glimmer Mist, Glimmer Glaze
Stamps: Crafty Secrets

2 comments:

Elise said...

Gini this is soooo BEAUTIFUL! I love everything from the colors to the vintage feel of this! And I love the story of your great-grandmother ... sounds like her wonderful talent runs in the family! ;)

Big Hugs,
Elise

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Oh Gini, this is just gorgeous! You are the Technique Queen, and a constant source of inspiration to me - thank you thank you thank you!

Cheers,
Susan

Related Posts with Thumbnails