Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Clean and Simple Layout

Have you tried making your Clean and Simple project yet for our current Beary Sweet Challenge? Wow, this was definitely a challenge for me! I literally had to continually talk myself out of putting different embellishments on this page and I tried hard to stick to Susan's basic sketch. As hard as it was not to stick more stuff on it, I was really pleased with my resulting layout-- it was quick and simple and the lack of embellishments make the photos stand out even more. And so, here it is:

To create a layout design from Susan's awesome sketch, I rotated the whole sketch sideways to the left and the s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d it out to fill two 12 x 12 pages. I used the new Bo Bunny Block Party line for my page and I am so in love with these papers! They are bright and summery, with stars and hibiscus flowers, but at the same time have included brown, one of my all time favorite go-to colors for layouts (and clothes, and home decor, ya, I like brown!). I only used a couple of these delicious double sided papers and can't wait to put the rest of them to work!


My only concession to extra embellishment is the machine stitching around the blue paper and around the "Living the Simple Life" tag. I have the entire Block Party line, complete with flowers, stickers and epoxy and glittered brads but I refrained from adding EVERYTHING and just added a couple of stickers where there were already elements in the sketch. The brown ribbon is also from Bo Bunny, check out all the colors of this cute double dot ribbon at The Beary Scrap.

One little tip I wanted to point out-- I really wanted brown letters for my title but couldn't find a set of alphabet stickers that actually had all the right letters ( as I said, I quite like brown so you can imagine I use my brown alphabets quickly!) And so I used white foam letters but inked right over them Colorbox ink in Chestnut Roan. Wallah! Brown letters!



I hope you have liked our Clean and Simple creations so far this week, make sure to check back tomorrow for Patricia's take on the sketch! And be sure to join us in our Beary Sweet Challenge-- you just might win a $20.00 gift certificate from The Beary Scrap (I suggest ordering this super cute Block Party line!)

3 comments:

Patricia Mae said...

Jamie I love it and I agree clean and simple, WOW thats a challenge but they don't call them challenges for nothing. Your family looks like they are having a good time. Thanks for sharing.
~Patricia

Elise said...

Jamie, you always make such wonderful layouts full of fun times! I like the idea of you finding white foam letters and inking over them with a different color! And I love the way you use your creativity to use Susan's sketch!!! You are AWESOME!

Hugs,
Elise

Sylvia Blum said...

I'm in awe with your layouts! You always do such a great job on them! And I think that multi picture LOs are so difficult and you are a master doing them!
Wonderful two pager!!!
Sylvia xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails