Please scroll down for our BSC #16 winners!
Hello hello! Wow, it's already January 3rd - what's up with that? Time, she is a-flying'! I hope you had a happy New Year weekend. Husband and I had a quiet one - just like we like it!
We started a new Beary Sweet challenge on Saturday, and since it's the 1st of the month, you know what that means:
It's Beary Sweet Sketch Time!
I have one last Christmas card to share with you. I know, I know, you're probably all Christmas'd out and well on your way to Valentines, Mardi Gras and Easter. I made this card back in mid-December for a customer using our January sketch. Time saver!
Isn't Edwin the cutest? I love him, and admit that the Magnolia chair with letters to Santa was difficult. How does one color white envelopes? I used a combination of french grays with a little yellow-ish. I used Distress paint in Rock Candy for a subtle texture... not fabulous, but effective.
What *is* fabulous is the Echo Park papers. Once again those EP folks have hit it out of the park - I can only ask/plead/beg them to print 6x6 versions of their papers in the future. They've done it on some of the collections and I look forward to more for my smaller canvases!
Of course it's an easel card. I really like this style to show off the details. This Naughty or Nice list includes the actual recipient of this card - dear young Wesly. I purposely left the space next to his name blank, as if Santa Edwin hasn't decided about Wesly yet. What a fun little surprise for a 5 year old!
- Stamp - Magnolia Santa Edwin and Christmas chair
- Paper - Bazzill Basics in Mud Pie, French Vanilla; Echo Park "Merry Christmas" in Holly Berry (both sides) and Winter Wonderland
- Medium - Copic skin tones; Prismacolor pencils with OMS; Stickles in Star Dust, Diamond and Crystal; Glossy Accents on the envelope seals; Distress Crackle Paint in Rock Candy; ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink in Chestnut Roan
- Embellishments - lace, tinsel, gems from stash
- Adhesives/Tools - Scor-Tape; Cuttlebug script embossing folder
Thanks so much for visiting today!