Friday, January 21, 2011

Jamie's Friendship Card

I think maybe Patricia and I have switched places this week, since she made a layout and I have a card to share with you-- but we have one thing in common, we both added Tear Critters to our Love & Friendship projects. Good Friends think alike!


My card is an accordion style card made from envelopes, it's easy to put together, fairly light and has built in pockets for any goodies you want to slip into your card. I started with 4 regular sized (4 3/8 inch x 5 3/4 inch) envelopes.

I laid out three of the envelopes, gluing each flap to the front of another envelope like below:



The fourth and final envelope I turned the opposite direction, tucked its flap into the opposite envelope so that two of the pockets were facing each other.


This makes an accordion that looks like this:


Then I just began covering and decorating the inside of my card. I used the My Mind's Eye Fine & Dandy Tickled Pink line, which for me is just perfect for a Friendship/Valentine's card because it is simply cute and not too overwhelmingly "mushy" (as I am not a super big fan of Valentines' Day!)

I ended up covering up two of the envelope pockets and then using the other two to include small tags. This would be a perfect place to slip in a little bit of money for a birthday, pictures for grandparents and other relatives or a gift card to someplace fun!

For the front, I have been waiting for just the right project to use "Sidney the Skunk" and I was so excited to make this cute little guy. He was a breeze to make with Kimm's great pattern, directions and mulberry paper.


Here's a couple more views from different angles:


Thanks so much for stopping by today and please leave us a comment if you have a minute! And remember our current Beary Sweet Challenge-- there are some wonderful entries so far and I've enjoyed visiting your blogs to view your creativity!!

2 comments:

Patricia Mae said...

Yes Jamie we switched!! How cool was that. I love this card I didn't know it did all this, awesome tutorial on this. Very cute.
~Patricia

Unknown said...

Jaimie - girl, you outdid yourself on this one - How cute! Love all of the nooks and crannies!
hugs,
Gini

Related Posts with Thumbnails