Monday, January 17, 2011

The 411 on Love

Please scroll down for our BSC #17 winners - thanks everyone!



Hello hello and Happy Monday! We're off on a new challenge here at The Beary Scrap DT and Challenge blog. Our theme for this challenge is

Since Husband and I love each other dearly but *don't* observe Valentine's Day, I started out with a friendship theme. As things happen, this card took on a life of it's own and I've fallen in love with it. *grin*


The flower... oh the flower! Don't you just love it? I used Patricia's video tutorial for my flower and made it using Basic Grey's Curio paper. (The flower is the large template.) I can't wait to try it with grungepaper. Check it out HERE at her blog! Thanks so much Patricia for putting together such a wonderfully detailed tutorial.


The "Things I Love" layer is a card stock embellishment from the My Mind's Eye/Laundry Line/Coastal collection. Yes, I know it says "things" as in plural... but I'm claiming artistic license and only listing one thing - YOU. *wink* I spritzed it with a little water and carefully crunched it up to get the creased effect and allowed to dry. Then I spritzed with Pearl Glimmer Mist for the sparklies.

Some other details - the butterfly is from one of the Curio papers. I painted it with Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint, dried, cut out and inked the edges with Distress ink. The antennae are hand made with a piece of black wire, dried glue and black paint. The Scrabble tile edges were roughed up with a nail file and consoled with a walnut ink-stained chunk of foam.

Card Recipe
Thanks so much for visiting! I hope we can inspire you throughout the week to join our challenge before January 31st.

Cheers,
Susan

1 comment:

Patricia Mae said...

Susan this is just beautiful!! Im so honored you enjoyed my video tutorial. I guess some people do watch it. Your flower came out beautiful!
~Patricia

Related Posts with Thumbnails