Friday, November 18, 2011

Almost Time for a Countdown!

The Holidays are fast approaching and I have one more project for you today to help you with your Christmas preparations! If your house is like mine, counting down to the big day is a BIG DEAL, with the excitement of the little guys growing each day as they eagerly anticipate Santa Claus and all the other fun stuff that comes with Christmas. My project today is a quick and easy way for your family to count down, plus a cute decoration to put up in your house!


I used the gorgeous new Christmas papers from My Mind's Eye Lost & Found line to create a countdown clipboard. I bought a wood clipboard from the dollar store (love the dollar store!) and covered it with one of the papers, using glue stick to adhere it to the wood. (two coats, one on the back on the paper, one on the front of the clipboard). Then I added a bunch of fun ribbons across the top, including some lace, seam binding and a jingle bell. The numbers and "days until Christmas" I printed off my computer and cut to the right size. If you would like to make a similar clipboard for your home, I've listed the dimensions below to help you!


Dimensions:
Paper for clipboard base -- 8 3/4 inches wide x 10 1/2 inches long (round corners)
Numbers -- 5 inches wide x 7 inches long (printed two to a page and then round corners)
"days until Christmas"-- 7 1/2 inches wide x 2 3/4 inches long (round corners)
Mat for "days until Christmas"-- 7 3/4 inches wide x 3 inches long (round corners)


Supplies used:
My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Christmas Collection Kit
(unfortunately out of stock, but check out these other Christmas papers)
Colorbox Fluid Chalk-- Chestnut Roan
Seam Binding-- Kocha
Misc. ribbons
Rhinestones
Jingle Bell

I hope this helps you in your holiday planning! Keep those Beary Best projects coming for our month long challenge, we are loving seeing all your talented work!

1 comment:

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

This is so cute, Jamie! Husband and I are like kids leading up to Christmas, too. We need a countdown!

Cheers,
Susan

Related Posts with Thumbnails