Monday, June 21, 2010

A Week Full of Summer Fun

Hello Beary Scrappy friends! I hope you've had a great weekend! Husband and I went to an Antique Boat Show where we saw loads of beautiful wooden boats. While we are die-hard sailors, we fell in love with vintage Chris Craft runabouts from the '30s and '40s. How much fun would those be to cruise around in?

Speaking of fun, the design team is celebrating all kinds of it this week with our Summer Fun theme!

For Husband and I, this time of year means day trips and long weekends. We go to summer festivals and visit out-of-state family. For others, summer means grander vacations taken while the kidlets are out of school. I don't know if any of you go to exotic locales like Paris, but it looks like my little friend Emilia is on her way!


So, this is my first attempt at coloring with Distress inks. It was an interesting experiment, to say the least. Let's just say there's a lot more practice in my future! I tried to do a little correction on her chin and now she looks like she has a 5 o'clock shadow... *grin* When I get an extra hour or so I'll replace her with a clean-shaven version. :)

This card is also my first one made to fit a handful of challenges (besides TBS, of course!), rather than finding challenges to fit a finished card. I didn't do so well with the monochromatic challenge (harder than I thought!) but did manage to use up a bit of old stash *and* CASE a card made by someone I really admire. (See my blog challenge list for details). Oh! and speaking of "firsts" this is the first card I've made without my usual white base. This one is Bazzill Mud Pie, one of my go-to colors. I like it... but I miss my white borders, too. The jury is still out. :)

Card Recipe
That's it for me. I'm off to have some Summer Fun of my own.
Don't forget - you still have time to enter your project in our color challenge! It's all about navy, turquoise and lime - a yummy color combination! Go here for all the fabby details!

Thanks so much for stopping in today. The design team will have loads of great Summer Fun projects for you all week, so check back in with us!

Cheers,
Susan
Related Posts with Thumbnails