Thursday, June 17, 2010

Go Fish!!

I am in LOVE! Totally in love with this awesome COLOR COMBINATION of Navy, Lime & Turquoise. It's bright and summery, flexible and so much fun to work with. I had so many ideas, I had a hard time picking which pictures to use-- I had out some of my son's baseball pics and some family reunion photos before I finally decided on these from an afternoon we spent fishing at a kids' fishing hole last summer. There were definitely no fish but we had a great time anyway!


My layout starts with Double Dot Cardstock from Bo Bunny, this stuff is awesome. Such deep pretty colors and nice texture, it's almost too pretty to actually use. I love it! Then I used different patterned papers from My Mind's Eye Just Dreamy which is on sale at The Beary Scrap. These papers are all double-sided and such great bright colors and patterns, perfect for any summertime projects you might have-- these will be appearing in my layout next week too, I like them so much. Be sure to scoop some up while they are on special! Along the bottom of the pages, I used a Martha Stewart border punch on one the papers-- I think border punches are my new favorite tool, they add so much in no time at all! This one actually punches and embosses at the same time. Very cool!

I pieced my own little fish by free-hand cutting a football shape and a triangle plus from stripes from lime and turquoise paper. If you are not a big fan of free-hand stuff, print out a football shape and triangle from your computer and then trace around them. I had a hard time deciding what to use for an eye but decided I liked the look of a good old-fashioned googly craft eye but you could also use a small button, a gem, or just dot with a marker. The fish and the rest of my papers are inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Broken China (a perfect turquoise color!)


Along the bottom I added some Bazzill tulle-- this stuff is so fun! I have my sister to thank for giving me the idea of how to attach it, I was working on it and having a hard time coming up with a plan when she came by and gave me the idea of using a bit of embroidery floss and bunching it up a bit. I attached mine with glue dots under each tie, but you could also use a needle and the floss and sew it right to the page. Aren't sisters the best? I don't know what I would do without her. Anyway, I loved the result of my tulle "water" under the fish. Be sure to check out the great colors of this tulle that Kimm has in stock!


I printed my journaling on an Avery clear label sheet-- if you have never tried this type of paper, get some! I printed what I wanted then cut around it and peeled off the back to apply it-- so easy! And you can put your clear sticker anywhere. Besides journaling, you can also print graphics to overlay on your cards or layouts. Fun!


Be sure to check back tomorrow for another Navy, Lime & Turquoise creation and then get started on your own project to enter in our Beary Sweet Challenge-- can't wait to see what you do with those colors! You just might win an awesome prize pack with some gorgeous flowers and some of my favorite BLING! Good Luck!

1 comment:

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Jamie, this is a great layout! I love the Bazzill tulle water (your sister is brilliant!) and reading the story. I love the Avery clear label idea... but you have great handwriting, too! Me? I'm left-handed *and* a klutz so I'd have a big splotch of ink across the page. Hehehe.

Cheers,
Susan

Related Posts with Thumbnails