Hello hello! Here we are at another wonderful week with your Beary Scrappy Girls. Our DT color challenge is also our Beary Sweet challenge to *you* - have you started on your Navy, Turquoise and Lime project yet? Ok, ok. You have until the end of the day on June 30th.
I send out a huge Thank You to the lovely Elise for stepping in for me on Monday. I needed time to get myself sorted after a whirlwind tour of the Bead and Button show in Milwaukee. I took a few classes and shopped my wallet bare at the marketplace. It was a blast and I left with a bunch of new skills and ideas. Yay!
Now, back to my project for this week. I had a special order birthday card for a 78 year old woman who has experienced a very stressful year. Her friends decided to have a "pamper yourself" theme to her birthday gathering and are showering her with pedicures, manicures, massages and facials. Ooh... ahh... Such a delightful group of ladies!
Here's a view of the full easel card:
I've used a vintage Pear's Soap advertisement and layered and Stickle'd the heck out of it. Ahhh! I love this image! The antennae are homemade with wire, glue, paint and a whole lot of patience. I'm sure there's an easier way, but that goes against my "let's reinvent the wheel!" sensibility. *grin*
While I was browsing the aisles at the Bead and Button show I spied a neat ribbon "necklace". The vendor sewed beads on the top and bottom of a satin ribbon to create a shirred look. You know I had to put my own spin on it! Lemme tell you it was a handful (but worth it).
- Image: The Graphics Fairy
- Paper: Basic Grey Nook and Pantry - Bundt Pan and Pear Tart (on sale now!); SEI Oasis Collection - Caspia and Oasis (also on sale - yay!); printed image and signature panel are recycled from the inside cover of a bristol paper pad - great texture!
- Medium: Colorbox Fluid Chalk - creamy brown and chestnut roam; Stickles Star Dust and Frosted Lace; Glimmer Mist - Pearl
- Embellishments: Mulberry Paper Roses; Basic Grey Capella Ribbon Doilies; miscellaneous from my ever-growing stash o' stuff
- Tools and Adhesives: Scor Tape; Scor Pal; sewing machine
Thanks so much for popping in today! Be sure to come back tomorrow for Jamie's fabulous layout and the rest of the week for more great inspiration. You know you want to join our Beary Sweet Challenge!