Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Happy Father Day!

Hey Friends! This week is in celebration of our dad's!  Yayyy!  Oh gosh, and you know how much I adore my dad!!!!  He's a very inspiring person in my life, teaching me the most important things ... such as "Enjoy life everyday."  He's such a wonderful person, he has not a single unkind thing to say and he sees the beautiful things in life ... always.

The last time my parents came out here to visit us in May, he told my little 3 year old, "Ohhhh it's such a BEAUTIFUL day!  Look at the trees, and the grass, the flowers, the sun ... aren't we so lucky to see such beauty?!"  And my little one LOVES his Grandpa and readily agreed.

Now even a month later, my little boy will say, "Oh mommy, it's such a BEAUTIFUL day!  The trees, the flowers, the grass ... it's beautiful!"  And the first thing that comes to my mind is, "I love you dad .. for teaching my son to voice the sweet simple, yet extraordinary things in life."

So this card goes to my special one of a kind dad:


The Fun Stuff:
Image:  Whiff of Joy (Elisabeth Bell)
Papers:  K&Co
Medium:  Prisma Colored Pencils
Other:  Martha Stewart Punches, Distress Ink, Robin's Nest Dew Drops (I can't get enough of these .. love em!)

Hope you're all having a lovely week so far!  Thank you so much for visiting me and I'll see ya soon!  Don't forget to take part in our Beary Sweet Challenge #3 ... which is a lovely sketch by our own wonderful Susan!!!

Hugs,
Elise

2 comments:

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

great card, love the soft colors & the buttons!

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Elise, your dad sounds like such a wonderful man *and* a great influence!

Your card is really sweet - I'm sure your dad will love it!

Cheers,
Susan

Related Posts with Thumbnails