Isn't this a yummy one? I'm so tickled with this photo - as inspiration it could be used as a sketch, colors, food... I'm excited to see where the design team girls go with this one!
I have to admit that I was going to do food. I've never done a food-related project and thought this would be a good time to try it. I have a bunch of Basic Grey's Nook & Pantry papers and started planning it out in my noggin... *then* I got a sneak peek at Jamie's project (she's vacationing so did hers early) and had a palm-hitting-the-forehead moment!
"Duh!" I said to myself. "I can make something to put on that red magnetic frame thingy I got at a craft fair months ago!" I intended to use it seasonally anyway, and I've only gotten as far as Halloween and Christmas magnets. Of course, this meant I had to take Santa off... *sigh*
- Image: vintage postcard from an unknown source
- Papers: Bazzill Basics; Pink Paislee 365 Degrees 6x6 pad - Dream Big (front and back designs) and Daydream (back)
- Medium: Glimmer Mist Diamond on the star; Stickles Icicle on the star; Distress Stickles Red Brick on the postcard edges; Colorbox Fluid Chalk in Chestnut Roan on the edges; Distress Crackle Paint in Clear on the postcard top layer
- Embellishments: Robin's Nest Dew Drops; Bazzill Tulle in French Vanilla; and although the red ribbon is hand done, it was absolutely inspired by Pink Paislee 365 Degrees Ribbon Pleats - believe me... if I had those I would have used them instead! Oh, and the rosette is handmade, too.
- Tools and Adhesive: Martha Stewart border punch; Scor-Pal 1/4" adhesive
Here's a photo of it on the wall. My kitchen is black and white with touches of red - the chair back is an extra barstool that hangs out there until we need it. Thanks for the inspiration, Jamie!
Thank *you* for visiting us today. Don't forget we still have a open challenge to make a project using Navy, Turquoise and Lime. Get all the details HERE, but hurry! It ends on June 30th. See you there!