Friday, October 1, 2010

A DOUBLY Sweet Sketch

A DOUBLE cheer for Susan this week for such a fabulous sketch-- it was so quick and easy, I was on a roll and made DOUBLE versions to show you! I got two complete sets of portraits scrapbooked, what a completely successful day! I won't dwell too much on the fact that the pictures are all from two years ago, oh well! At least I got something done.

First off is my boy version of the sketch, done with Bo Bunny's Block party papers. I love the bright colors in these papers, especially since they are paired with my all time favorite- brown! It is perfect for boy pages.

I stamped my own tag to add to the corner, then embellished it with Block Party brads and Block Party stickers. The title letters are off the Block Party combo sheet-- these are one of my favorite options from Bo Bunny, a 12 x 12 sheet of stickers that includes both an alphabet and a whole bunch of fun shapes that perfectly match the papers. Block Party is currently on sale at The Beary Scrap so make sure to grab some for your stash!



The girl version of my sketch layout also includes brown-- I told you it was my favorite! But this time paired with pink and green, from the New Echo Park Life is Good collection. These papers come in a package with two sheets of coordinating stickers, one with FOUR different coordinating alphabets! Love it!

In the corner of this layout, I added a tag cut from one of the Echo Park papers, added a bunch of fun flowers and gemstones and some tiny letters from My Little Shoebox.

These were so fun and quick to make! At this rate, I just might get to my kids' current portrait-- these two are actually 9 and 7 now instead of 7 and 5, plus there's one more younger than them with pictures of his own to scrap. I better keep on working! I hope you try your hand on this great sketch, either as a card or a layout. We'd love to see what you come up with!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails