Sunday, October 24, 2010

Ask The Designers: Favorite Tools


Tools - we all use 'em. Have you ever stood in the aisle at your favorite shop or browsed the pages of online stores trying to figure out what is the best tool for the job?

Today we answer your question about our favorite tools.

Gini: My Cuttlebug machine is one of my favorite and most used tools. I am always cutting Nestabilities and embossing with the CB folders. My other favorite tools are my sewing machine and my edge distressor. I think adding these little extra steps take a card to the next level. Sometimes you might not even notice some of the small touches, but you just know there is "something" about the project that stands out. 

Jamie: I have lots of favorites and I have a hard time working outside of my craft room because there are so many things I use and it's too hard to pack them up to take anywhere! But I have narrowed it down to a few and so my favorites are (in no order!):
• My punches-- I use some type of punch on almost every project, the most often used would be circle and scallop punches and my corner rounder
• Zutter Distress-it-all-- I don't know how I lived without this before! I love to distress the edges with this, it is just so fast!
• Inks-- I hardly ever leave any edges without ink on them so these are essential! My favorite are Tim Holtz Distress Inks.


Kimm: My ATG Tape Runners.  I have both the 1/4" and the 1/2".  They hold lots and lots of adehesive... and I LOVE adhesive! I never worry about my project coming apart.

Patricia: I couldn't live with out my Big Shot. I just love it and use it to cut all my Spellbinders, which I use on almost every project. I'm also hooked on the bright colors of Colorbox inks. One other tool I love to use is when the corners of the paper get a little bent I like to use my rounded corner punch to clean them up to look perfect.  

Susan: I have a few definite favorites: Cutter Bee scissors for the fussy cutting I do on my layered images. The blades are extremely sharp and cut through card stock like a hot knife through buttah. My second favorite tool is my computer - from vintage graphics to daily inspiration, the computer feeds my creativity like nothing else in my studio.

Thanks for your support - we love getting your questions! Please join in and Ask the Designers!

Cheers,
Susan, Gini, Patricia and Jamie


About Ask the Designers

Crafting is creativity - some of it comes from within and some is learned. We're here to help you learn techniques, make your crafting life easier with product experiences, give advice and generally inspire your inner muse.

We will collect emails and comment questions, and post answers each Sunday. You can ask general questions to the design team or specific ones to any of us. If you want more info about something you've see out there in blogland or any product the has you curious, email or leave a comment and we will share our experiences and opinions. We're not here to sell you specific products from The Beary Scrap online store, although we hope you will visit for your crafty needs. Our goal is to share our knowledge and experiences, with the hope that we can help make your crafty life easier.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails