Thursday, July 8, 2010

Embossed Fireworks

Hope all of you out there had a wonderful Independence Day weekend and got the chance to enjoy family time and some different celebrations. My post this week is again patriotic, direct with my fireworks shots from last Saturday night (that has to be a record for me, getting them edited, printed and on a layout in only 4 days!) My extended family had a great time celebrating the 4th in Island Park, Idaho and we watched fireworks from the boat on the reservoir with a beautiful backdrop of mountains and a gorgeous Idaho sunset. What could be better?

I used the Starlight line from Pink Paislee again this week and I can't say enough about how cute these papers are! They are all double-sided, giving you a great selection of patterns, and are just awesome colors. I love the stickers, both shapes and alphabets, too. They are just slightly glittered which makes them perfect for some fireworks pages. For this layout I used the round diecut paper and cut it in two to spread across both my pages. All the papers are inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Faded Jeans and matted on the different Pink Paislee papers. Once I had laid out my background papers and all the pictures, it was time for embossing!

I really had a great time embossing this page-- it's something I don't do very often because it is so messy (and my kids always want to help which makes it messier!)-- but I am always pleased with the results. I used some fireworks stamps and red, gold and blue glittered embossing powder to make my own fireworks across the top of the page.


I also embossed different parts of my title, starting with another stamp for the "4th" and embossing it in the red powder.



I chose chipboard letters for "July" and went around the edges of the letters with an embossing marker before adding gold powder. I really love how the letters turned out though this was a bit tricky to heat them without heating my fingers too! And yes, my scrap room is now covered in glitter so it was definitely messy but worth it!

So now it's your turn-- join our "Emboss It!" challenge (wet or dry) and show us what kind of beautiful embossed projects you can come up with. You just might win an awesome paper pack from the new Bo Bunny Block Party line (and it's so stinkin' cute, I have to have it!) Don't forget to check out the Embossing Powders and stamps at The Beary Scrap and especially Embossing Folders which are on sale! I can't wait to see what you create!

3 comments:

Carisa said...

Ooh, that page is fabulous! i love the way you outlined teh chipboard letters. gorgeous!

i hear ya on the wet embossing - i don't do it very often for that very reason! but seeing your page, i'm thinking i need to give it a try every now and again!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful chipboard letters and isn't it just great to have glitters all over the place? So you know you've been creating something very nice? Love how you made your fireworks and hope you had a wonderful 4th!

Deloris said...

Here's a link to my card for the embossing challenge:

http://stampingatthelake.blogspot.com/2010/07/embossing-challenge.html

Have a great weekend,

Deloris

Related Posts with Thumbnails