Monday, April 12, 2010

Things With Wings Week

Hello hello! It's Susan, here, ringing in another TBS Monday. Who knew I'd love Mondays so much?!

Spring is such a wonderful season - we had another glorious weekend here in Maryland. I hope you did, too! Our temperatures were considerably lower than last weekend's "heat wave", but the yard work was the same. There's so much to do in the Spring! We pulled a ton of weeds, fertilized the lawn, and trimmed up a few shrubs and a holly tree. I'm pretty sure a Robin is building a nest in the holly tree, so I worked quickly. She chirped at me quite a bit!

Speaking of birds, it's "Things With Wings" week here at The Beary Scrap. I start the week with Magnolia's Edwin, and Gini will end our week with a great Tattered Angels tutorial. In between you'll be inspired by fabby projects from Patricia and Jamie, and perhaps a bonus from yours truly. *wink* I'm really inspired by this theme! [Edit 4/13 - sadly, pesky business taxes and housework took all my "free" time, so no bonus project for me. Sorry, friends!]

If you've been reading me for a little while, you'll know I'm obsessed with a new convert to Magnolia stamps. This is Edwin, chasing after these beautiful MS punched butterflies.

Oh my! I was thrilled when Kimm told me about this Monarch punch, so much so that she loaded it onto The Beary Scrap store site while we chatted just so I could order it right then and there. How's that for incredible customer service? Thanks Kimm! 
The bottom butterfly layer is punched from BG Kioshi "Sayuri" and edges are inked with purple. The top layer is purple vellum, and was an adventure to create. I started with "Stickling" the edges... they curled up a bit but it wasn't too bad. After that dried I decided "More is Better!" and Stickle'd one whole wing. Can you imaging the curling from that much glue? Haha! (No, I didn't learn my lesson from the first application.) Fixing this involved a heat gun and a certain amount of contortion to keep it from rolling up as it dried. Good thing I have that third hand... just kidding!

Ok, so here's a better way of Stickling vellum: put a few dots of Tombow Multi 2-way glue on the back of a fresh butterfly and let dry so it is repositionable. Adhere this to scrap paper and Stickle away! Either let air dry or use your heat gun to dry the Stickles. Once dry you can remove it from the scrap paper. So much easier!

I have a special 'Thank You' to our very own DT Patricia for inspiring my pearl butterfly trails. Thanks sweets! :)

Card Recipe
Thanks for stopping in!

Cheers,
Susan

1 comment:

Patricia Mae said...

I love it Susan very cute, I'm glad to inspire you for a "change". I just love seeing what you design everyweek.
~HUGS
Patricia

Related Posts with Thumbnails