Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Beautiful Bunny for Your Egg Hunt

Here comes Peter Cottontail, hoppin' down the bunny trail-- well, at least here comes Bella Bunny and she is adorable. I also used one of The Beary Scrap's newest acrylic patterns and made my own Tear Bear critter to adorn my Easter layout.


I started this project by making my little Bunny-- Kimm's patterns and instructions are absolutely wonderful! They make perfect sense and after reading them I thought, "Yeah, I can do this." It was really easy and fun. I am excited to try another Tear Bear Critter soon and look for Kimm's brand new pattern, Emma Elephant, coming soon! After piecing and fluffing my bunny using her Tear Bear Fluffing set and guide, I was ready to work on my layout.

The background of my layout is a simple cream cardstock and then I used Basic Grey's Nook & Pantry collection. These papers may have names that make you hungry like Cornbread, Fruit Salad and Lemon Meringue pie but definitely think outside of the kitchen when deciding what to do with these oh-so-pretty papers. The colors are just awesome spring colors, they were perfect for Easter. Some of the patterns I used are Tea Cakes, Beaters, Dishes and Cookbook.

I added some cream lace, rick rack and also machine stitched on the edges for some added detail. I used the Nook & Pantry element stickers ,added a few pearls to accent the stickers and then layered them with some beautiful Prima flowers .


The final step, of course, was to place my Bella Bunny on the layout. I used Alene's Super Tacky Quick Dry Glue to attach it to my layout (the same stuff I used to glue her together) and then trimmed down a couple flowers from the Nook & Pantry stickers topped with some more pearls to place on top of the bunny. Cute, cute!


Well, now that I have finished scrapbooking last year's Easter egg hunt, I have about 3 days to plan this years! I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend and enjoy some quality time with your loved ones. Be sure to check back later this week for more great Easter ideas from our Beary Scrappy Gals!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamie... oh my goodness, this is beautiful! Your Bunny looks amazing, and so does the layout! Very nice job Sweetie!
XXX Kimm

Related Posts with Thumbnails