Monday, April 19, 2010

April Showers

Hello! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I met up with an old friend and Husband and I cleaned up our attic Sunday. What a great feeling, on both accounts!

After the warm spell a few weeks ago, flowers are popping up in gardens everywhere, which brings us to this week's theme:

"April Showers Bring May Flowers"

I've got flowers popping up all over my sample this week. Basic Grey's Kioshi papers have lovely flower prints, and I've added a little dimension with Prima and stash flowers. The inside of the card will have "...Bring May Flowers" when it's completed. :)
Her dress and boots are paper-pieced with BG Kioshi's "Lily Child" in the 6x6 paper pad size. The umbrella is pieced with the solid side of "Mokuren".

The Beary Scrap is sponsoring this week's challenge over at Oh, Alice!, and I've followed their sketch. I hope you can pop on over to Oh, Alice! and give the sketch a try - you could win a $20 gift voucher!

Card Recipe
Stamp: Amber Ink Digital Stamp
Paper: Bazzill purple, Neenah Solar White, Basic Grey Kioshi
Medium: Prismacolor Pencils, Glimmer Mist Pearl, Stickles Star Dust
Embellishments: Kaisercraft Pearls, Prima, lace from stash

Thanks for stopping in! Come back tomorrow for a fabulous surprise, and the rest of the week for more "April Showers". Also, don't forget to check out the sketch challenge at Oh, Alice!

Cheers,
Susan

1 comment:

Larisa said...

So nice and joyful image )) The card is gorgerous! )))

Related Posts with Thumbnails