This week the design team is showing samples using our current Beary Sweet Sketch Challenge. We're adding a little extra element to our projects in the form of seam binding.
Here's my take on the sketch. I wasn't sure about the sketch at first, but fell in love with it as I pulled the Bo Bunny Vicky B papers together. There are so many wonderful designs in this 6x6 paper stack that I had no problem at all. I adore these colors!
I used the wooden dragonfly from Pink Paislee's Butterfly Garden collection (currently sold out in the store - sorry!). I gave it a base coat of pearly white and pink acrylic paints and then painted the body and part of the wings with glue, then sprinkled copper German Glass Glitter. On the wing tips I used the German Glass Glitter in white, with an itty bitty bit of Star Dust Stickles on the very ends.
The pink brads are from My Mind's Eye Madison Ave and the green swirl brad in the flower is from the We R Memory Keepers "Inspiration" Eyelet & Snap set.
The mulberry paper roses were spritzed with a light green Glimmer Mist and touched with Star Dust Stickles. The crocheted flower is an Etsy find and the decorative pins are my own design.
- Paper - Bo Bunny "Vicky B" 6x6 paper pad; Bazzill Basics Walnut, Lime, Orange, Off-white
- Medium - Meyer Imports German Glass Glitter in Copper and White; Ranger Distress Ink in Rusty Hinge and Vintage Photo; Ranger Stickles in Lime Green, Frosted Lace, Star Dust (at the very end of the wing tips), Antique Bronze; Glimmer Mist in a light green
- Embellishments - Pink Paislee's wood dragonfly; Mulberry paper roses; Ivory seam binding; We R Memory Keepers "Inspiration" Eyelet & Snap set;
- Tools - Ranger Blending Tool; Scor-Pal
- Adhesives - 1/4" Scor-Tape; Fabri-Tac; 1/16" Glue Dots