Saturday, June 4, 2011

Christmas in June

Hi there! Brenda again. Perhaps I'm yearning for cooler weather because I finally felt the urge to scrap a Christmas picture of my daughter. Hey, I've got one down, probably 100 more to go.


I used a few different lines on this layout, and as you can see, I used non-Christmas-themed papers for a Christmas layout. I think it worked quite well. This is a combination of Echo Park's Be Mine, and My Mind's Eye's Alphabet Soup, Lost and Found, and Fine and Dandy


Instead of flowers, I decided to go with pinwheels. The tab on the top right corner was cut using my die cut machine. 


The title was made using Fine and Dandy banner stickers. I think I need to buy a couple more sheets of those because they are just my absolute favorite! 

 Thank you so much for looking and I do hope you'll join us on our Sketch Challenge

4 comments:

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

What a great photo! I love her squishy little cheeks. You definitely prove that all kinds of paper designs are perfect for Christmas layouts - love it! What size pages do you make - 8.5 x 11?

Cheers,
Susan

Unknown said...

I love this layout! The pinwheels look great and you did an awesome job of using non-Christmas papers!
hugs,
Gini

Jamie said...

Brenda, wow! I LOVE the scallopped corner and the pinwheels. Great job! :):) Jamie

Patricia Mae said...

Thats so cute and I love the pin wheels, I might have to scraplift that idea.
~Patricia

Related Posts with Thumbnails