Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ask The Designers: Inspiration


Today's question is this: Where do you find inspiration?

Jamie: Everything! I have always got several projects in the back of my mind as I go through my day and things just pop out to give me ideas! It might be a song I hear on the radio, an ad or picture that I see, or something funny that one of my kids says! I also love to get ideas from others-- I don't often copy the idea exactly but I love just browsing through scrapbook magazines or online galleries to see different ideas, techniques and ways of using supplies I have never thought of. Most of all, I get ideas from the ladies I interact with-- whether it's my fellow DT members or my local friends I scrap with once a month. The more ideas you share, the better!

Patricia What inspires me is if I'm making a special card I try to make something that I know what the person really likes, weather its a certin color or animal or stamp. Sometimes the designer paper will inspire me to make a card and I like to pull colors from the paper to make the papers match. Sometimes when I have to make a card for a sick friend I try to think what will make them happy and pick up there spirits.


SusanOoh, like Jamie, I seem to always have projects in the back of my mind. I'll stew over challenge themes or designer paper I've been dying to use. Friday Kimm and I were talking about a new paper line coming to the store and there's one design I can't wait to use. Later in the afternoon I had a brainstorm about which stamp to use with it. Now I just have to buy the stamp and patiently wait for the paper to arrive... (In the meantime, tomorrow's DT project is definitely inspired by the MME Holly Jolly "Winter Branches" paper. I can't wait to share it with you!)

Mostly, I am inspired by my fellow crafters. I'm amazed at what *you* come up with regularly! When I'm stumped I head straight to my Google reader and let my eyes wander. You all are incredibly talented and always manage to solve my design problems!



Now friends, it's your turn - Where do you find inspiration?


Thanks for your support - we love getting your questions! Please join in and Ask the Designers!

Cheers,
The Beary Scrappy Girls

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails