Sunday, November 28, 2010

Ask The Designers: Favorite Techniques


Today's question is this: What is your favorite technique (and why)?

Patricia I think my favorite technique is to ink the edges of the papers I think they really pull them together. I also really love hand sewing on my cards. I think it adds a special touch to them. I also like to add foam dots to my cards I love the 3D look on them.

Gini: This is easy, I am the self-appointed Queen of Distressing! I love inking the edges, water distressing, using my distressing tool - you name it, I'm there! I also love sewing on my projects.

Susan: Ok, hands-down my favorite technique is layering images. I'm sure there are other names for it, but it comes down to layering elements on an image to make it pop off the page. It's more work and totally worth the effort!

Jamie: This is a tough one, I don't really have a technique I use every time! But, I'd have to say a few of my favorites are inking all the edges of everything (it adds so much), using punches (I use either a shape or border punch on most things) and machine sewing (so quick and really gives dimension and that extra touch).

Now friends, it's your turn - What is your favorite technique?

Thanks for your support - we love getting your questions! Please join in and Ask the Designers!

Cheers,
The Beary Scrappy Girls

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails