Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Thinking of You



It's time for our latest sketch challenge at the Beary Scrap, and I think you are going to like it! It's not a complicated sketch - just one that is open to so many possibilities.


I decided to go all out Shabby Chic for today. So of course, that calls for some wonderful, weathered pink papers. Authentique's Uncommon line was just perfect! Awhile back, I had bought some printed muslin, that looked like it had been stamped with vintage writings. I used a square of this, after fraying the edges for one of the components of the sketch. I gathered crepe paper on my sewing machine, and added a little seam binding over the top, for another layer. The bow is a 5-loop bow, with a snippet of antique lace, and a reclaimed button. I stamped my sentiment from Vintage Floral Labels from JustRite, using black Memento ink. Then I stamped the pattern from Friendship Blooms over the top, with Versamark Ink, and embossed it. Then I misted over the entire thing. I used a wonderful frame from Melissa Frances (that I distressed a bit), to set the whole thing off.

I hope you get a chance to play along with our sketch. One lucky winner always walks away with a $20 gift certificate to the Beary Scrap!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Gini, this is fantastic! Great papers, and I love the crepe paper!

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Holy crepe paper, batman! there are so many gorgeous details on the card. I love the muslin and crepe paper and that you distressed the floral frame. (I'm having a "duh!" moment here - I can finally use those too-white MF bits hanging around!)

You Williams girls keep me on my toes!

Cheers,
Susan

Related Posts with Thumbnails