Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Beary Scrap Sketch Challenge plus a Die

I have another sample of our Sketch Challenge this week and there is an added challenge for the Designers we have to add a Die. Not so much a challenge for me I aways use Dies I love them.
Susan had such a cute Sketch for us on the new Challenge that I have actually used it for all my Christmas Cards and here is a sample of one of my Christmas cards that I'm sending out.
My background paper is from Echo Park the Merry Christmas line it's so pretty I just love it, and after playing with the Holly Jolly paper from My Minds Eye I didn't think I was going to love another paper line but when I got this in the mail from The Beary Scrap Store I just loved it just as much. I made a peeker Tear Bear with an Acrylic Paper Piecing Pattern and Mulberry Paper. I cut out my Merry Christmas tag with Spellbinders and Inked with Colorbox Ink as well as the one my Tear Bear is on. I added some Stickles to my tag and some snowflake buttons from my stash. I kept my card with clean straight lines so it was mailing friendly. The only this I didn't consider was the weight it's a pretty heavy card so the mail is going to love me for that one ($$). 

Now I wanted to do something different so I made the Tear Bear also a Christmas ornament to be used year after year. 
This is so simple to make. As you notice I added my Stickles after my card was together I thought it needed a little more.

I added some ribbon to the top and glued it in place so it wouldn't move when I put it together.
Now on the back of my ornament I added a 2010 date to remember what year this is from. To attach to my card I only added 3 3M Foam Squares, I used these one's because they are not that sticky so they will be able to just pick them off to hang. I didn't added one the the top because I will be tucking the ribbon underneath.

Now for some of my non-crafty friends I added a little note to the back letting them know that the Tear Bear was an ornament.
It's says: Front of card contains a removable Christmas ornament.

Here is a sneak peek of the inside.
Don't for get to enter our Beary Sweet Sketch Challenge ---HERE---
Thanks for looking.
~Patricia~

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails