Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Who loves Vintage?


Hi! Today is my first day of Tuesday postings for the Beary Scrap! And I am getting to share one of my favorite styles of cards - Vintage! For you to understand how much I love vintage, you have to realize that before I was even 10 years old, I had an amazing collection of vintage clothes. I loved all of the gorgeous laces and handiwork - and I was absolutely over the moon for beaded purses and flapper dresses. So now, are you beginning to understand some of the influences in my work?

I used a stamp by Stampavie and papers by MME Laundry Line. (Can't you just see those papers being reminiscent of an old beaded evening gown?). After I colored my stamp with copics, I did the Cracked Glass technique over the top, to give a really aged look. I used Distress Ink over the top to get down into the cracks. Finally, to make it authentically vintage - I added a piece of antique lace and a mother of pearl button.

Thanks for looking!

Gini

1 comment:

Dorcas said...

Beautiful job, Gini. My daughter is like you. I have to make her "Queen Elizabeth" dresses and other old styles like prairie dresses cos she just love to dress up. (and she's almost 13!) Her fave place to go is the antique shops.
Nice work on your card. I like the cracked glass effect.

Related Posts with Thumbnails