Friday, July 15, 2011

Inspiration Challenge

Welcome to our brand new Beary Sweet Challenge- it was awesome to see all your lovely entries for our last sketch challenge and I can't wait to see what you do with this one! So our challenge this time is to take a piece of our favorite clothing and use it as inspiration for a project-- well, the very first thing that came to my mind was. . . . can you guess what this is?




You got it! A pair of very comfortable jeans-- I know everyone has their favorite pair that they love to pull on and they are just as comfy as a pair of sweats or pajamas. And so using that as my inspiration, I have used denim on my baseball layout this week.

For the base of my layout, I used tan cardstock and a piece of red Bo Bunny Double Dot both edged with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Fired Brick. Then I sewed an old piece of lightweight denim right on top of that. I have a pile of old jeans in my basement that someday I am going to sew a quilt out of (emphasis on someday, I am sure it is going to be a long time from now!) Until that day, they are great for cutting little pieces out of for scrapbook projects. I sewed a double line with yellow thread to mimic the sewing on old a pair of jeans and then also sewed around the journaling spot circle to make it look like a baseball. The journaling circle is cut the from My Mind's Eye Fine & Dandy True Blue paper line.

I also die cut some stars out of denim on my old Sizzix machine, it's not high tech but it works great for fabric! Other embellishments include a cardstock star, tickets(which are actually Valentines' themed but I covered up the love words!), baseball woven ribbon, yellow bakers' twine and some 3-D baseball stickers.



I can't wait to see what the rest of our lovely DT ladies have in store for us with this theme and to see your projects too. Make sure to enter your project in our current challenge and share some inspiration with us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamie, What a great selection of papers! Denim is my favorite for the cooler months. It's hard to believe that football practices and camps have started already. Love your layout!

Hugs,
Kimm

Related Posts with Thumbnails