Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Fever

"Spring is when you feel like whistling, even with a shoe full of slush" (Doug Larson)-- isn't this so true? As I was making my project for this week's post, it was a BEAUTIFUL day outside-- sunny and 60 degrees with the meadowlarks chirping and my kids out riding their bikes. And yet, my deck is still covered with snow and the weatherman predicts more snow/slush for this Friday! Aah, it's spring in my part of the country-- Idaho -- where every other minute is a different type of weather. I'm sure spring fever is hitting other parts of the country too and what better thing to do when the weather starts to turn than a little spring cleaning. My project this week may help you get motivated to take on those Spring projects.

My project this week is a super cute to-do notebook that you can whip up in no time at all. And who knows?? If you have something fun to keep track of your lists and projects, you might actually try to get those lists done. Plus, if your house is like mine and notebooks often disappear from my desk/purse/office and come back full of all types of doodles and drawings, maybe this notebook will be so obviously "Mom's" that nobody will take it from you. (At least I know my husband won't be taking it, too flowery and cutesy for him!) In any case, get yourself a nice, new notebook that is just for you (this one is just from WalMart) and cover and embellish to your heart's content!
My notebook is covered with Basic Grey Sugar Rush (on sale this week!) -- I love the fun, bright colors in this collection. I used Peanut Brittle for the front cover and one of the pockets, Candy Hearts for another pocket and the green back side of Candy Hearts for the back cover. I distressed all the papers with Tim Holtz distressing ink in Peeled Paint. Then I raided my ribbon scraps and tied a bunch of matching ribbons through the spiral binding. I added a couple of journaling cards to the front and used rub-on letters for the title "To Do." A few Prima flowers completes the front. (Check out the My Mind's Eye rub on alphabets on sale!)
Inside I used more paper just to cover the front of the pockets (handy for slipping in notes, appointments, receipts, etc. but they can still look cute!) and added rub-on titles there too. All finished in no time.
So celebrate Spring this week, no matter where you live, and treat yourself to your very own cute "To Do" notebook and then go tackle those Spring Cleaning projects. Happy Spring everyone! And be sure to check back tomorrow for more Spring inspiration to keep that Spring Fever high!
Related Posts with Thumbnails