Thursday, August 11, 2011

What's Your Take?


Let me tell you, I'm am one of those girls who always follows the rules, so when I see a sketch it's hard for me to think outside of the box..meaning if it's in a square shape on the sketch...my project will be square.  Sometimes I'll look at other challenges and see designers interpretations of them and think ....REALLY?  but honestly I love there take and to see how they creatively saw it.  I'm not sure what took over this week with me but I actually thought outside of the box on the sketch and this is my take of it.  I can still see the base there and hope you can too, but man I love the shapes in this project. 

I used Pink Paislee's Butterfly Garden collection for this card.  With the clear butterfly stickers I made sure to bend up their wings to give the illusion of flight and to add more dimension.  You know me...if it fits in an envelope it's not finished.  LOL


Be sure to jump in the challenge yourself and show us what your take is of the current sketch.  I can't wait to see.  Until next week...have fun, crafts lots and do something nice for someone. 

Hugs,

8 comments:

Brandy said...

Gorgeous!

Jill said...

I love it Lori!
Great take on the sketch and such a beautiful card.
Gorgeous details
Hugs, Jill

Trillucy said...

Very nice! I love butterflies :-)

Jamie said...

Holy cow Lori, this is awesome! Love your "outside the box" shape and all the butterflies taking flight. Great job!

:):)Jamie

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Lori, this is gorgeous! I can definitely still see the sketch. Love all the details.

Cheers,
Susan

Aly's mom said...

This is awesome! Love the colors and the shapes! I need to do a little more thinking outside the box myself!

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous! Love all of the details!
hugs,
Gini

Patricia Mae said...

Lori this is just so beautiful!!
~Patricia

Related Posts with Thumbnails