As I write this Sunday night I am distracted by a football game. Well, to be honest I couldn't care less about the game but I do love watching the adverts. So far Doritos has done quite well. The Chevy truck "Timmy fell down the well" ad had us in stitches and I just enjoyed the Coke ad featuring border guards.
So, this week the design team is continuing with the BSC #19 sketch, and we're adding "plus fabric" to our projects as a little twist.
I used the delicious My Mind's Eye Portobello Road collection. All four layers of paper are different designs within the line, and the birds are cut from the Love Birds paper. My fabric bunting is made from upholstery fabric I used for my family room pillows. I finished the edge with a scrap of seam binding and then sewed the blue crocheted lace from the "Party Trims" accessory pack (after I separated it from the crepe paper). To be honest, it was labor-intensive.
- Paper: Bazzill Basics in Truffle; My Mind's Eye Lost & Found, Portobello Road Collection - Looking Glass, Flannel, First Class (front & back), Love Birds
- Medium: Ranger Distress Inks in Walnut
- Embellishments: Portobello Road Party Trims, You & Me Buttons, Buddies Decorative Brads; Ivory crocheted lace, seam binding and fabric from stash
- Adhesives: Scor-Tape; 1/2" Glue Dots; silicone
- Tools: Scor-Pal; Cutter Bee scissors
Important reminders: Our Guest Designer Call is going on now through March 5! We are choosing 4 guest designers to serve 3-month terms. Go to this post on our store blog for all the details!
Also, the current sketch challenge is open through February 14. Go here all the details. See you there!